Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friday the whatwhat?

Apparently today was Friday the 13th. Some part of my brain knew that, I guess, but being a very non-superstitious person, I didn't really care. I have a black cat, and he crosses my path at least once a day. In China black cats are considered lucky. I'm down with that.

Concert season 2012 is winding up, and some of my favorite acts are on tour. Ari Hest will be at the Evening Muse on May 4, and Bob Schneider will be playing a solo acoustic show at the Visulite on April 27. David Gray is back on tour, and I sincerely hope he adds Charlotte to his list of stops, because his show last July at Ovens was probably the best concert I've ever been to. Somewhere around us would work, too; I'd drive to see David Gray.

Music on my mind...I went to the Vis tonight to see a friend of mine from work play, and he was awesome. Probably the best part of the night. The band he was playing with, the Matt Perronne Band, was opening for the Pat McGee Band. Not a huge fan of Pat McGee; a bit too country for my taste; but overall it was a good night for music in the Queen City.

I've decided on some tweaks I'm gonna make to the blog layout, and hopefully that'll make things a bit easier to read. I did this design based on the design of my other blog, which is mostly pictures and very few words, and what works over there doesn't work as well over here. Live and learn, right?

I just finished reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett for the fourth time. If you haven't read it, you really should. It's very funny. Perhaps even the funniest book about the Apocalypse ever written. That sounds odd, but trust me.

Speaking of things I like (and the Apocalypse, thought I'm not particularly a fan of that), you should all check out Divine: The Series. It's a web series that's like a...really violent version of my book. With more priests. And a random Japanese schoolgirl. If you're a fan at all of the show Supernatural, Misha Collins (Castiel) is one of the creators, and he's also in it. It's really well done, and it recently won a bunch of awards for directing and effects and...stuff. Each episode is only ten minutes long, and there are six of them, so surely you can spare the time.

That's about all I got tonight, kids. I'll be back later with more. Not sure if that's a promise or a threat....

No comments: